If you’re looking for an easy and effective way to improve your health, juicing aloe vera might be just what you need! Aloe vera is a plant that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It’s a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties as well. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of juicing aloe vera and give you a step-by-step guide on how to do it!
Since ancient times, people have known and used the Aloe vera plant for its health, beauty, medical, and skin care benefits. The name Aloe vera comes from the Arabic word “Alloeh,” which means “shining bitter substance.” “Vera” means “true” in Latin. Back in 2000 BC, Greek scientists thought that Aloe vera was the cure for everything. Aloe was called “the plant of immortality” by the Egyptians. Today, the Aloe vera plant is used in dermatology for many different things.
Aloe vera is called Aloe barbadensis miller in the world of plants. It is in the family Asphodelaceae (Liliaceae) and is a perennial, xerophytic, succulent, pea-green-colored shrub or tree. It mostly grows in dry parts of Africa, Asia, Europe, and the United States. In India, it is found in Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Since ancient times, people have used the aloe vera plant to heal wounds and for other medical purposes. Aloe vera has over 200 biologically active compounds, such as enzymes, 18 amino acids, vitamins A, B1, B3, B6, C, and E. It also contains minerals like potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and chloride. People say that aloe vera leaf is the most used medicinal plant in the world. You can learn more about the many benefits of aloe vera leaf here.
Polysaccharides, which make up 6–15 percent of the plant, are the most important parts of aloe vera.
Aloe vera can also treat gum disease and dental problems. You can brush your teeth after applying some aloe vera powder to your toothbrush. Your gums will feel better and any infections or bruises will be treated with the powder. You can maintain healthy gums by drinking aloe vera juice. Simply gargle the liquid around your mouth before swallowing is all that is required.
Aloe vera gel can be used to clean teeth and get rid of bacteria that cause cavities, according to a study that was published in May/June 2009 in the Academy of General Dentistry journal.
Its juice and gel are both advised for maintaining good oral health. Aloe vera tooth gel is a great alternative for those who have sensitive gums or teeth because it lacks the abrasive ingredients found in commercial toothpaste.
The Aloe vera tooth gel protects your teeth, gums, and entire mouth while enhancing oral hygiene.Only purchase genuine aloe vera products, according to experts.Aloe vera can be used as toothpaste or juice on a daily basis and have a variety of positive effects on your oral health.
Promotes hydrated glowing skin
Internal consumption of aloe vera, which is very hydrating and soothing, may help prevent dermatitis and acne. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants may also aid in preventing cellular damage and early aging of the skin. Additionally, the aloe plant growth regulators known as gibberellins encourage the production of collagen and elastin.
Aloe has collagen in it, which repairs your skin cells and keeps you from getting older. This makes your skin look healthy and young. If you drink one glass of aloe juice every day, it can help keep your skin healthy and clear. It’s a great lotion for dry skin. It makes your skin look less oily and is great for people who already have oily skin.
If you have long-term skin problems like eczema or psoriasis, applying Aloe Vera gel to the affected areas will help. It has hormones that stop skin from itching and help skin grow and heal. When Aloe Vera is around, you don’t have to worry about getting old. Aloe has antioxidants that improve the elasticity of your skin, making it smooth, soft, and well-hydrated. This makes wrinkles and lines less noticeable.
Test-tube studies suggest that the aloe plant has anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this, many people use it to treat and relieve skin problems like burns and wounds (1Trusted Source, 2Trusted Source).
Polyphenols, a group of antioxidant-rich plant compounds, are thought to be responsible for its anti-inflammatory effect (3Trusted Source).
Antioxidants protect your body from oxidative stress, which is damage done by free radicals. Research has shown that chronic oxidative stress can increase the risk of some health problems, such as heart disease and even some cancers.
It’s a detox drink and could help you lose weight
Aloe vera, like some of our other favorite Detox Drinks, has been shown to help the liver work well, which is very important for detoxing. Studies have shown that it keeps the liver from getting fat from drinking too much.
It may also be able to lower cholesterol and the chance of getting heart disease. Studies have shown that lophenol and cycloartenol, which are both found in aloe, may help get rid of belly fat.
How to create aloe vera juice
It’s easy to make aloe vera juice at home. All you need is a leaf of aloe vera and some water. When the two are mixed together, the inner aloe leaf gel is broken up and watered down. From there, there are many ways to add flavor to the fresh aloe juice. There are, however, some important things to know about aloe leaf.
Step 1: Get an aloe vera leaf.
Aloe vera leaves can be found at natural food stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts. Mine came from Whole Foods. You only need one leaf because there is a lot of gel under the tough skin. To make 1 quart of juice, I used about half of the leaf.
Step 2: Remove the aloe vera leaf.
Cut off all of the skin with a sharp knife to get to the aloe gel inside. Be very careful, because the gel makes your hands and knives very slippery.
The three main parts of an aloe vera leaf are the green skin, the yellow latex, and the clear gel. It’s important to get rid of all the latex, since it contains the natural laxative aloin.
Step 3: Wash the aloe gel
Aloe vera has a very bitter taste by nature. It’s important to give it a good rinse to get rid of some of the bitter taste and any leftover latex.
Step 4: Mix with water
Blend the aloe gel with water in a blender to thin it out. You can blend it until it’s completely smooth, or you can pulse it so that there are still chunks of food in it, which is what my kids like. The gel is about the same thickness as Sea Moss Gel, which also has great health benefits.
2 Aloe Vera Recipes
1.Juice from honeydew and aloe vera
- about half a pound of aloe vera leaves (225 g)
- Cubed and peeled honeydew with the seeds removed (see note)
- Amount: 2 cups (500 ml).
- 1/4 of a quart (60 ml) Juice of lemon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) the syrup made from the agave plant
- Cut off and throw away the ends of the aloe vera leaf. Using a knife, cut off the leaf’s green skin and any yellow sap that leaks out. You will need 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the clear gel that is on the inside of the leaf.
- In two batches, puree all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth. Pass through a fine sieve (or line a sieve with cheesecloth), pressing down with the back of a ladle to get as much juice out as possible. Don’t keep the fruit’s insides. Remove the white foam that has risen to the top of the juice.
- Serve it with ice.
2.Slush with Aloe Vera and Lemonade
This icy summer drink is so refreshing and good for you. Aloe vera juice, lemons, and fresh mint go together like peanut butter and jelly.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 and a half cups of filtered water, split
- BareOrganics Aloe Vera Juice in a 12 oz bottle.
- 1 or 2 fresh mint leaves, broken up into smaller pieces.
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup of water to make the simple syrup. Stir the sugar until all of it has dissolved. Get rid of the heat.
- Add a small amount of fresh mint to your blender along with the simple syrup, aloe vera juice, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 cups of water. Taste after blending until smooth. Add another pinch of sugar if you’d like your slush a little sweeter. Add another splash of water if the mixture is too sour (how sour your lemons are will determine this).
- Pour the mixture through a strainer with a fine mesh to catch any mint or lemon pulp that is too big.
- Take your ice cream maker’s bowl out of the freezer. Place it on the base and switch it on. Pour the aloe vera lemonade mixture into the bowl while it is spinning. Turn the liquid until most of it is slushy, which should take about 20 minutes.
- Scoop the slush into four glasses with a spoon to serve. Each glass should have a mint sprig as a garnish. Drizzle it with any liquid.
Aloe Vera is a powerful plant that has many benefits. Juice it to receive these benefits, and it is easy to do. If you are looking for an easy way to improve your health, juicing Aloe Vera may be the answer for you.