If you’re looking for a manual juicer, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive review, we will take a look at the best manual juicers on the market. We’ll discuss their features and benefits, and help you decide which one is right for you. So whether you’re an experienced juicer or just starting out, read on for the information you need to make an informed purchase!
With all the fancy juicers out on the market today, the good ole’ manual juicer doesn’t get much attention. They’ve been reduced to anonymity by all the hoopla over more popular models, but don’t mistake their silence for insignificance.
Truth is, many manual juicers are good enough to sit among the high rank of juicers. They do their job – juicing – and do it damn well. All without requiring electricity, much investment money, or lots of cleaning time. Did I mention that they’re also very pleasant (and silent) traveling companions?
Of course, every type of juicer has its downsides and manual juicers are no exception. The main downside to manual juicers is the range of fruits and veggies that they can juice. For example, most of the manual juicers on the market are either citrus juicers or wheatgrass juicers.
Best Manual Citrus Juicer
- Why Do I Need a Manual Citrus Juicer? - For everyone who loves a great tasting, healthy glass of freshly squeezed juice any time of the day, this is the product for you! Unlike other electrical juice extractors, hand press citrus squeezers are way more healthier and refreshing. Use as an orange juicer or lemon squeezer, or for limes, grapefruits, pomegranates and even tomatoes!
- Zero Waste - With a Mueller Manual Juicer you can be sure that not a single drop of juice will be left in your fruit from the sheer power of the juicer hand press. All healthy nutrients and enzymes in the fruits are well preserved because unlike electrical juicers, fruit in hand press juicers is not processed with heat and friction. No buzzing, no electrical power, and no additional expenses on your electric bill.
Citrus juicers can only juice various types of citrus fruits (and can’t juice the peels) so I only recommend them if you love your OJ and are looking for a dedicated citrus juicer.
The great thing, though, about manual citrus juicers is that they really vary in price.
You can opt for a simple but very functional “squeezer” type of manual juicer for less than $10 or you can go for a sleek, commercial-grade manual press citrus juicer, for which the price range is anywhere from $35.00 to $190.00!
My recommendation? If you drink a lot of citrus juice and want a machine that’s perfect for squeezing every last drop of orange or grapefruit – skip the $100+ citrus juicer, opt for a $20 – $30 range one and save the rest for a great, slow juicer that juices everything! See the best citrus juicers here!
Best Manual Wheatgrass juicer
- Premium Stainless Steel: The wheat grass extractor adopts all 304 stainless steel with metal polished surface, which is anti-rust, easy to assemble, and easy to clean.
- Double Fixing: This wheat grass press comes with suction cup bottom and desktop clamp (the desktop thickness should be less than 5.5cm), providing strong stability during juicing.
A huge advantage of manual wheatgrass juicers to citrus juicers is the wider variety of produce you can juice.
A citrus juicer is a great addition to your kitchen – but I personally wouldn’t be able to justify spending close to $200 on a citrus-only juicer unless I planned to only live off citrus juice for many, many years of my life (or ran a juice bar or restaurant).
On the other hand, the best wheatgrass juicers do a great job of juicing wheatgrass (and other leafy greens) as well as several other kinds of produce – such as carrots, apples, and other hard produce. So you can make a whole lot of green juice as well as a huge variety of other juice recipes.
This is why all the manual juicers I recommend are wheatgrass juicers. Just keep in mind that although they’re called “wheatgrass juicers” – they’re great for juicing a whole lot more!
Now that we know all about the various two types of manual juicers out there, we can move on to the best manual juicers on the market!
Best Manual Juicer: Our #1 Pick – Moongiantgo Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- MULTIPURPOSE MANUAL JUICER - Suitable for juicing Wheatgrass, Celery, Broccoli Sprouts, Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Pomegranate, Apple, Grapes, Orange and other Fruits / Vegetables. (Not recommended to squeeze the pulp that is too soft, such as flesh of coconut, tomatoes, mangoes, bananas. And sugar cane/carrot cannot be squeezed)
- ALL 304# STAINLESS STEEL - Our manual wheatgrass juicer is made by casting process, strong and durable, with the polished surface and unpolished interior. 【Note】Do not tighten the screw on the front slag outlet too much, just loosen a little, so that the slag can be discharged smoothly. Otherwise, the juice will easily leak out from behind. If the slag outlet is blocked, please reverse the handle several times first to help clean residues in the slag outlet.
This is probably the best manual wheatgrass juicer on the market.
On Amazon, it’s twice the cost of the Lexen manual juicer (below), but it’s still a fraction of the price of other juicers with similar functions.
The Z-star manual juicer is unique in that it’s basically a single auger, masticating type of juicer without the motor.
That means you get the same process of extraction with no heat and better preservation of nutrients and enzymes.
This juicer is a little easier to use than the manual juicer below because the size of the hopper (where you load the chopped produce) is a little bigger, but the ease of cranking is about the same. You can also juice a pretty wide variety of produce in the Z-star, such as leafy greens (obviously), as well as harder produce like carrots, apples, ginger and even softer fruits like tomatoes.
Best manual juicer: #2 Value Juicer
- 【MULTI-FUNCTION JUICER】: OldPAPA multi-function manual juicer, combining juicer, ice cream machine, fruit purifier, etc., not only can make delicious 100% pure juice, fruit residue will not be wasted, it is also suitable for corn , Celery, cucumber, carrot, can also be used to make ice cream, is the best choice for family use and gift giving!
- 【EASY TO USE】: easy to install, simple to use, just cut the fruit and give up the machine, turn the handle to get a delicious cup of juice! Designed with a suction base and a relaxed crank handle to help you easily operate the juicer.
This juicer is a great value – it’s perfect for people who are just starting out juicing and want to test out the waters.
It’s very affordable compared to other high-quality juicers (less than $35 on Amazon) and it performs superbly – it’s great at juicing wheatgrass and other delicate leafy greens such as spinach, parsley, kale, collard greens, etc.
The juice yield is high and the pulp is usually dry, so it does an excellent job of really extracting the juice from the produce.
You can also juice harder produce like carrots and apples on this juicer, but it’s real strength lies in leafy greens.
This is a great start-out juicer. The best part is that when you decide you want to move on to juicing a wider variety of produce and invest in a more advanced juicer, you can still use this one as a travel juicer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which manual juicer is best?
There are many manual juicers on the market, but which one is best? It really depends on your needs and budget. We’ve put together a list of our top five manual juicers for you to choose from. See below/above.
Is a manual juicer better?
Manual juicers are manual, meaning they don’t require electricity to operate. They can also be used anywhere and anytime without worrying about cords getting tangled up or juice spilling onto your hands/fingers. The manual juicer is better because it doesn’t take as much effort as an electric one would require when squeezing the fruit.
How to use manual juicer?
Each manual juicer is a little different, so be sure to read the instructions that come with your particular model. Generally, you will need to cut the fruit or vegetable into small pieces and insert them into the chute at the top of the juicer. Then, using your hand or a lever, you will need to squeeze the fruit or vegetable until all of the juice has been extracted.
Are hand press juicers good?
Hand press manual juicers are good because they don’t require electricity to operate and can be used anywhere and anytime. They also work well for small amounts of juice, such as when you only have one orange on hand.
How do you use orange juicer?
To use manual orange juicer, you will need to cut the fruit or vegetable into small pieces and insert them into the chute at the top of the juicer. Then, using your hand or a lever, squeeze on it until all of its juice has been extracted.
Can I put a whole orange in a juicer?
You can put a whole orange in manual juicer, but it will be a little more difficult to extract the juice. It’s usually best to cut the fruit into small pieces before inserting it into the chute. That way, you’ll get more juice out of it in less time.
Do you peel the orange before juicing?
Yes, you should peel oranges before juicing them. The skin of the orange is tough and will not release much juice. By peeling it off, you’ll get more juice out of the fruit in less time.
What are the benefits of drinking orange juice?
Orange juice is rich in vitamin C, which is good for your immune system. It also contains potassium that helps lower blood pressure and increase energy levels. Other benefits include: it can help prevent cancer by destroying cancer cells before they form tumors; reduce inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties; decrease cholesterol levels due to high fiber content.
The 5 Best-Selling Manual Juicers on Amazon
- ERGONOMIC GRIP HANDLE: You don't have to hold it down tightly with your hand, CHEFVILLE manual juicer features a non-slip handle for a comfortable grip (good for arthritis) so you will pour with precision, even with wet hands. And bonus points for helping minimize accidental spills and messy cleanup on your countertops. Wide mouth design of the cup is easy to clean, V-shaped spout, Liquids can be pouring straight for easy to drainage.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL JUICER :1. CITRUS SQUEEZER! Two sizes reamer for your different needs! 2. EGG YOLK SEPARATOR! Just invert the small reamer and you don't have to move the yolk from either side of the cracked shell anymore! 3. MEASURING CUP! Measuring line on the sides take the guesswork out of adding perfectly portioned juices! 4. GRATER FOR ZEST CHEESE OR GINGER! 5. Doubles as a LID when this juicer is not in use!
- GREAT MINIMALIST DESIGN: CHEFVILLE lemon juicer come with Two Size Reamers, you can use it to squeeze oranges, lemon, grapefruit, watermelon, grape, pomegranate, pineapple and other fruits to extract enough fresh fruit juice for your family every day. Additional top lid for grate garlic, cheese, carrots, and potatoes! Everything can be stacked together thanks to the flip-top design so it also saves your much storage space.
- 【Sturdy & Efficient】 Manual citrus juicer made of robust food grade 304 stainless steel, is stable, anti-rust, and resists prolonged intensive use. It's sturdier＆healthier than plastic ones, and can extract more juice than pince shaped press, help you to get maximum vitamins, is ideal for lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit, madarins, tangerines and all citrus fruits
- 【Ergonomic Design】 Juice container with convenient two-sided handles for better grip, and with two spouts for easy dosing. The lockable and detachable sieve filters seeds and pulp and allows quick juice collection through the slots
- 【Easy to Clean】 The handheld stainless steel lemon/orange squeezer is dishwasher safe so you can clean it effortlessly. It can also be easily hand washed with water
- Snap on the small reamer for lemons and limes, or the large reamer for oranges and grapefruit
- Measurement markings up to 350 mL
- Drip-free pour spout
- 💯% food-grade 304 stainless steel juicer, non-toxic certified, lead-free material, it is secure and reliable,please do not compare the price of our squeezer with the fake cheap aluminum squeezer on the market, nobody wanna discount their HEALTH. (NOTE❗stainless steel will produce a few stains during the high-temperature polishing process, just wipe it off with water)
- 💪You can find leverage in this professional citrus juicer,that's easy to get a lot of juice without much effort in a short time,just need to rinse with water after use.
- 👩🍳 Dishwasher safe was necessary for a premium quality lemon squeezer, It is not only easy to clean but also a space saver for kitchen.
- FREE SAFETY HAT: Only ROVSUN can send you the safety hat. Use the black plastic hat to lock it in that position. It will prevent the handle come down accidently. This heavy duty orange juice squeezer have long and light handle with comfortable rubber grip which stop and reduce pressure on the hand.
- EASY TO OPERATE & CLEANING: Our ROVSUN commercial juicer hand blender is super easy to operate: Just three steps to get the juice - 1.Cut the citrus in half 2. Put the flat cut side down on the plate 3. Press down on the handle. Are you ready to enjoy fresh juice in a second? This manual fruit juicer have easy removed strainer cone and funnel for easy clean.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: ROVSUN manual juicer is made of heavy duty cast iron, with 304 stainless steel strainer which ensures 100% safety and hygiene. Our Manual Juicer Extractor is perfect for restaurants, bars, families, party or super markets, where you need lots of fresh juice
Get FREE 2-day shipping for this juicer (as well as a bunch of stuff you buy on Amazon) by signing up for Amazon Prime. Get a FREE 30-day trial for Prime here!