If you’re looking for a manual juicer, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive review, we will take a look at the best manual juicers on the market. We’ll discuss their features and benefits, and help you decide which one is right for you. So whether you’re an experienced juicer or just starting out, read on for the information you need to make an informed purchase!
With all the fancy juicers out on the market today, the good ole’ manual juicer doesn’t get much attention. They’ve been reduced to anonymity by all the hoopla over more popular models, but don’t mistake their silence for insignificance.
Truth is, many manual juicers are good enough to sit among the high rank of juicers. They do their job – juicing – and do it damn well. All without requiring electricity, much investment money, or lots of cleaning time. Did I mention that they’re also very pleasant (and silent) traveling companions?
Of course, every type of juicer has its downsides and manual juicers are no exception. The main downside to manual juicers is the range of fruits and veggies that they can juice. For example, most of the manual juicers on the market are either citrus juicers or wheatgrass juicers.
Best Manual Citrus Juicer
- Why Do I Need a Manual Citrus Juicer? - For everyone who loves a great tasting, healthy glass of freshly squeezed juice any time of the day, this is the product for you! Unlike other electrical juice extractors, hand press citrus squeezers are way more healthier and refreshing. Use as an orange juicer or lemon squeezer, or for limes, grapefruits, pomegranates and even tomatoes!
- Zero Waste - With a Mueller Manual Juicer you can be sure that not a single drop of juice will be left in your fruit from the sheer power of the juicer hand press. All healthy nutrients and enzymes in the fruits are well preserved because unlike electrical juicers, fruit in hand press juicers is not processed with heat and friction. No buzzing, no electrical power, and no additional expenses on your electric bill.
Citrus juicers can only juice various types of citrus fruits (and can’t juice the peels) so I only recommend them if you love your OJ and are looking for a dedicated citrus juicer.
The great thing, though, about manual citrus juicers is that they really vary in price.
You can opt for a simple but very functional “squeezer” type of manual juicer for less than $10 or you can go for a sleek, commercial-grade manual press citrus juicer, for which the price range is anywhere from $35.00 to $190.00!
My recommendation? If you drink a lot of citrus juice and want a machine that’s perfect for squeezing every last drop of orange or grapefruit – skip the $100+ citrus juicer, opt for a $20 – $30 range one and save the rest for a great, slow juicer that juices everything! See the best citrus juicers here!
Best Manual Wheatgrass juicer
- Premium Stainless Steel: The wheat grass extractor adopts all 304 stainless steel with metal polished surface, which is anti-rust, easy to assemble, and easy to clean.
- Double Fixing: This wheat grass press comes with suction cup bottom and desktop clamp (the desktop thickness should be less than 5.5cm), providing strong stability during juicing.
A huge advantage of manual wheatgrass juicers to citrus juicers is the wider variety of produce you can juice.
A citrus juicer is a great addition to your kitchen – but I personally wouldn’t be able to justify spending close to $200 on a citrus-only juicer unless I planned to only live off citrus juice for many, many years of my life (or ran a juice bar or restaurant).
On the other hand, the best wheatgrass juicers do a great job of juicing wheatgrass (and other leafy greens) as well as several other kinds of produce – such as carrots, apples, and other hard produce. So you can make a whole lot of green juice as well as a huge variety of other juice recipes.
This is why all the manual juicers I recommend are wheatgrass juicers. Just keep in mind that although they’re called “wheatgrass juicers” – they’re great for juicing a whole lot more!
Now that we know all about the various two types of manual juicers out there, we can move on to the best manual juicers on the market!
Best Manual Juicer: Our #1 Pick – Moongiantgo Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
- MULTIPURPOSE MANUAL JUICER - Suitable for juicing Wheatgrass, Celery, Broccoli Sprouts, Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Pomegranate, Apple, Grapes, Orange and other Fruits / Vegetables. (Not recommended to squeeze the pulp that is too soft, such as flesh of coconut, tomatoes, mangoes, bananas. And sugar cane/carrot cannot be squeezed)
- ALL 304# STAINLESS STEEL - Our manual wheatgrass juicer is made by casting process, strong and durable, with the polished surface and unpolished interior. 【Note】Do not tighten the screw on the front slag outlet too much, just loosen a little, so that the slag can be discharged smoothly. Otherwise, the juice will easily leak out from behind. If the slag outlet is blocked, please reverse the handle several times first to help clean residues in the slag outlet.
This is probably the best manual wheatgrass juicer on the market.
On Amazon, it’s twice the cost of the Lexen manual juicer (below), but it’s still a fraction of the price of other juicers with similar functions.
The Z-star manual juicer is unique in that it’s basically a single auger, masticating type of juicer without the motor.
That means you get the same process of extraction with no heat and better preservation of nutrients and enzymes.
This juicer is a little easier to use than the manual juicer below because the size of the hopper (where you load the chopped produce) is a little bigger, but the ease of cranking is about the same. You can also juice a pretty wide variety of produce in the Z-star, such as leafy greens (obviously), as well as harder produce like carrots, apples, ginger and even softer fruits like tomatoes.
Best manual juicer: #2 Value Juicer
- 【MULTI-FUNCTION JUICER】: OldPAPA multi-function manual juicer, combining juicer, ice cream machine, fruit purifier, etc., not only can make delicious 100% pure juice, fruit residue will not be wasted, it is also suitable for corn , Celery, cucumber, carrot, can also be used to make ice cream, is the best choice for family use and gift giving!
- 【EASY TO USE】: easy to install, simple to use, just cut the fruit and give up the machine, turn the handle to get a delicious cup of juice! Designed with a suction base and a relaxed crank handle to help you easily operate the juicer.
This juicer is a great value – it’s perfect for people who are just starting out juicing and want to test out the waters.
It’s very affordable compared to other high-quality juicers (less than $35 on Amazon) and it performs superbly – it’s great at juicing wheatgrass and other delicate leafy greens such as spinach, parsley, kale, collard greens, etc.
The juice yield is high and the pulp is usually dry, so it does an excellent job of really extracting the juice from the produce.
You can also juice harder produce like carrots and apples on this juicer, but it’s real strength lies in leafy greens.
This is a great start-out juicer. The best part is that when you decide you want to move on to juicing a wider variety of produce and invest in a more advanced juicer, you can still use this one as a travel juicer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which manual juicer is best?
There are many manual juicers on the market, but which one is best? It really depends on your needs and budget. We’ve put together a list of our top five manual juicers for you to choose from. See below/above.
Is a manual juicer better?
Manual juicers are manual, meaning they don’t require electricity to operate. They can also be used anywhere and anytime without worrying about cords getting tangled up or juice spilling onto your hands/fingers. The manual juicer is better because it doesn’t take as much effort as an electric one would require when squeezing the fruit.
How to use manual juicer?
Each manual juicer is a little different, so be sure to read the instructions that come with your particular model. Generally, you will need to cut the fruit or vegetable into small pieces and insert them into the chute at the top of the juicer. Then, using your hand or a lever, you will need to squeeze the fruit or vegetable until all of the juice has been extracted.
Are hand press juicers good?
Hand press manual juicers are good because they don’t require electricity to operate and can be used anywhere and anytime. They also work well for small amounts of juice, such as when you only have one orange on hand.
How do you use orange juicer?
To use manual orange juicer, you will need to cut the fruit or vegetable into small pieces and insert them into the chute at the top of the juicer. Then, using your hand or a lever, squeeze on it until all of its juice has been extracted.
Can I put a whole orange in a juicer?
You can put a whole orange in manual juicer, but it will be a little more difficult to extract the juice. It’s usually best to cut the fruit into small pieces before inserting it into the chute. That way, you’ll get more juice out of it in less time.
Do you peel the orange before juicing?
Yes, you should peel oranges before juicing them. The skin of the orange is tough and will not release much juice. By peeling it off, you’ll get more juice out of the fruit in less time.
What are the benefits of drinking orange juice?
Orange juice is rich in vitamin C, which is good for your immune system. It also contains potassium that helps lower blood pressure and increase energy levels. Other benefits include: it can help prevent cancer by destroying cancer cells before they form tumors; reduce inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties; decrease cholesterol levels due to high fiber content.
The 5 Best-Selling Manual Juicers on Amazon
- Snap on the small reamer for lemons and limes, or the large reamer for oranges and grapefruit
- Measurement markings up to 1. 5 cups/350 ml
- Drip-free pour spout
- Get Every Drop From Your Fruit: Our citrus press is proven to get more juice than dozens of other brands, you also will have no seeds in your juice. Works perfectly on lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti limes, from Florida, California or Abroad our citrus juicer tool can squeeze them all with maximum result.
- Save Time and Effort: With our easy-to-use and easy-to-store durable lemon squeezer, even a kid can use this citrus press. No more worrying about electricity or batteries. No more bulky, hard-to-clean juicers crowding the decor of your home bar or kitchen. Whether you’re a chef or simply want a pampered squeeze, you can be drinking lemonade in a just seconds.
- Sturdy Heavy Duty Metal Bowls: This 2-in-1 lemon press/lime press can juice limes, large lemons and even small sized oranges. This manual juicer is made with sturdy industrial aluminum and protected coating, it is secure and reliable.
- 💯% food-grade 304 stainless steel juicer, non-toxic certified, lead-free material, it is secure and reliable,please do not compare the price of our squeezer with the fake cheap aluminum squeezer on the market, nobody wanna discount their HEALTH. (NOTE❗stainless steel will produce a few stains during the high-temperature polishing process, just wipe it off with water)
- 💪You can find leverage in this professional citrus juicer,that's easy to get a lot of juice without much effort in a short time,just need to rinse with water after use.
- 👩🍳 Dishwasher safe was necessary for a premium quality lemon squeezer, It is not only easy to clean but also a space saver for kitchen.
- PROFESSIONAL HOME JUICER: CO-Z's hand press citrus juicer provides commercial-grade fresh juice from any soft or pulpy fruit from mandarin oranges to Persian limes, Eureka lemons to poms, clementines, grapefruit, and more—Enjoy fresher, tastier juices and cocktails from the comfort of your own kitchen counter!
- SAFE & DURABLE: 15 pounds of reinforced cast iron strength give you long lasting power, withstanding even 2300 psi of pressure for easy use, but every part of this rugged manual fruit juicer that touches your drink is food-grade 304 stainless steel for your safety and for easy-peasy cleanup.
- USER FRIENDLY: The long ergonomic handle's rubber grip keeps things comfortable even as thick-skinned pomegranates and other favorite fruit are completely crushed beneath you, sending their juice straining through the central cone into your waiting glass; the heavy-duty base suctions tightly onto your countertop to give you even more leverage and ease.
- Extracts The Most Juice Possible: Professional quality most efficient juicer squeezer. Gets the maximum amount of juice from oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits and other fruit, with no seeds. Just pull the comfortable firm grip handle down for the fastest and easiest citrus juicing while your hands stay clean.
- Commercial Grade Hand Press Extractor: Made of durable, heavy duty cast iron with ergonomic design. This stainless steel citrus press juicer uses leverage and gravity to get the job done with little effort. Lever action practically does the work for you. Powerful and secure crusher capabilities. Crush and squeeze a variety of small fruits and veggies in the comfort of your kitchen.
- More Fruits to Enjoy than Your Handheld Juicer: The 5" (5 inch) diameter cup allows it to be used with various types and sizes of fruit, it can handle most of the largest grapefruit. Easier than hand held juicers known as mexican elbows. You and your family will love the healthy and nutritious juices you can get from apples, pineapple, Meyer lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti citrus limes, from Florida, California or abroad.
Get FREE 2-day shipping for this juicer (as well as a bunch of stuff you buy on Amazon) by signing up for Amazon Prime. Get a FREE 30-day trial for Prime here!