Not many people think about watermelon juice benefits when they’re sipping on a cool glass of watermelon juice. Most of us are just happy with how delicious it is. And it’s this delicious that has made watermelons one of the most popular fruits across the globe.
But did you know that aside from their refreshingly sweet flavor, these juicy treats also offer a number of cool health benefits? Like what, you ask? Let’s dive in.
5 Wonderful Water Juice Benefits
Here’s a little glimpse of what a glass of delicious watermelon juice does for your body…
- Improves Kidney Function: Watermelons are a good source of the essential mineral, potassium. Apart from helping flush out harmful toxins away from the kidneys, potassium also helps break up plaque deposits that can develop into kidney stones.
- Protects the Brain: There are exceptional levels of vitamin B6 in watermelons, which helps prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease if ingested on a regular basis. Apart from staving off memory loss, vitamin B6 is also found to promote the steady production of neurotransmitters in the brain that not only helps keep cognitive function up to par even well into old age, but also maintains the overall health of the nervous system ideal.
- Boosts the Immune System: Watermelons are packed with various polyphenolic compounds like triterpenoids and carotenoids that help improve the resilience of cells against diseases. These polyphenolic compounds also cut the time it takes for damaged cells to repair and rejuvenate themselves.
- Supports Heart Health and Improves Circulation: Apart from essential minerals and antioxidants that help fight off cardiovascular disease-causing free radicals, watermelon also contains impressive levels of the amino acids citrulline, which our bodies convert into arginine, which has been shown to help improve blood flow in the arteries of the heart. That’s ’cause it’s also a powerful neurotransmitter that helps blood vessels relax, boosting overall blood circulation. Of course, by keeping veins and arteries stretchy and improving circulation, citrulline can also help prevent erectile dysfunction among men.
- Anti-Cancer Benefits: Laboratory tests show that watermelons contain more lycopene, a cancer-fighting antioxidant, compared to tomatoes. Lycopene is proven to inhibit the onset of breast, lung, liver, uterine, mouth and colorectal cancers. The darker a watermelon’s flesh is, the more lycopene it can provide.
Not bad for such a yummy fruit. Ready to juice up some watermelon? Here are some delicious recipes!
Best Watermelon Juice Recipes Roundup
Watermelon juice is good on its own – but add a couple sidekicks and you’ll get some of the best watermelon juice recipes you’ve ever tasted!
The Best Watermelon Juice Recipe
“Water” you waiting for? Hydrate yourself with this super simple but super fresh watermelon juice recipe and add a little more freshness to your day.
What you need:
- 5 cups of large watermelon chunks
- 2 cups natural coconut juice (or just plain purified water)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- large handful of ice
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serves 6-8
Throw it all in a blender and blend for about 20 seconds, or until the desired texture is achieved. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to two days. The fresher the better. Separation is natural.
Read more healthy recipes and inspiration here: http://www.elizabethrider.com/best-watermelon-juice-recipe/
It’s made like a smoothie but drinks like a juice, a smuice or joothie perhaps? I’ll go with juice to keep things simple. This 100% natural drink is chock full of vitamin C and extra hydrating electrolytes so it’s great to drink any hot summer day. It’s also naturally very sweet for the sweet-toothed beauties out there.
Watermelon Orange Juice Recipe
Want to put a little twist to your watermelon juice recipe? Try adding an orange to the mix to give it a little citrus punch.
What you need:
- 4 to 5 cups chopped watermelon cubes, deseeded
- 1 medium or large sized orange, juiced or ¾ to 1 cup orange juice
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- a few fresh mint leaves for garnishing
Read more healthy recipes and inspiration here: http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/watermelon-orange-juice/
I am bringing a refreshing combination of watermelon and orange in one juice topped with mint leaves. Adding mint leaves is optional but it adds good taste & flavor and they also are cooling for our body. This juice really tastes good and quickly recharges your body. one of the best juice if you have come home after facing hot sun for a long time.
Watermelon Pineapple Lemonade Recipe
A great combination of fruits along with the ever refreshing watermelon to make you feel the tropical summer paradise in one drink.
What you need:
- 3 cups watermelon juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
A fun twist on the traditional lemonade that’s wonderfully tangy, sweet, refreshing and incredibly easy to whip up!
‘Glow from Within’ Watermelon Juice
If you are looking for a refreshing, skin- glowing juice recipe to cool off with on a hot day or just want to impress your summer BBQ guests, you should try this .
What you need:
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, diced (approximately 1/4 small-medium size watermelon)
- 3/4 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, cored and diced (approximately 1 cucumber)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Serving Size: 12 ounces of juice*
Read more healthy recipes and inspiration here: http://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/2013/04/28/glow-from-within-watermelon-juice/
Did you know that nibbling on watermelon wedges has the power to refresh your face as much as your palate? Thanks to the high water and lycopene content, watermelon not only cool your mouth in warm weather but may shield your skin from warm weather, too. 😉
“A Girl’s Best Friend” Detox Juice
What you need:
- 4 large slices of watermelon
- 1 ruby red grapefruit peeled (leave white pith on because FULL of goodness)
- 2 inches fresh turmeric root
- 3-4 radishes
Read more healthy recipes and inspiration here: http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/a_girls_best_friend_grapefruit_watermelon_detox_juice_from_blythe_metz
Watermelon juice is not only incredibly hydrating, it is a wonderful natural tonic for gastrointestinal complaints, pulmonary disorders, skin problems, arthritis, gout, headaches, and for boosting energy. Watermelon juice also flushes acids out of the body, renewing the blood.
Rehydrate Like a Goddess Juice Recipe
Whole watermelon meets coconut water meets aloe! This is perfect for rehydrating after a long day in the sun. And I would think it would be great for a juice feast, all on its own! And you could do this with any melon, by the way.
What you need:
- 3-4 cups whole de-seeded watermelon flesh, not including the rind (enough to fill a large blender ¾ of the way)
- coconut water
- about ¼ cup aloe flesh, pressed or scraped from the leaf, greens discarded
- fresh basil, to garnish
Preparation: 5 minutes
Serving Size: 2-3 servings
Fill the blender with the whole watermelon flesh — about ¾ of the way full. Top with enough coconut water to just cover the watermelon. Add aloe flesh. Blend. Serve. Garnish with a basil leaf. Sip. Bliss out.
Read more healthy, real food recipes and inspiration here: http://willfrolicforfood.com/2015/05/watermelon-coconut-aloe-juice-aka-how-to-rehydrate-like-a-goddess.html
I consider this drink one of the most hydrating, delicious things you can put in your body. It not only rehydrates, but it cools you down. It can even sooth a hyper acidic stomach, and help ease stomach pains in general.